Looking for Resources for Refugee Ministry?
A gathering of leaders from faith-based organizations and churches engaged in refugee ministry programs throughout the United States and Canada. It is a consultation of like-minded believers who are passionate about sharing and showing the love of Jesus to the nations on our doorstep. This gathering is equally passionate about sharing information about how their city, state, province, country is aiding the refugees in their community.
The Refugee Highway Partnership grew out of a vision to connect the many different people involved in ministry at diverse points along the refugee highway.
Tucson Refugee Ministry was established in 2006 to build bridges between the Church and the refugees of Tucson. We partner with the refugee resettlement agencies to help facilitate practical, tangible ways that followers of Jesus can love and serve refugees. Volunteer opportunities are numerous and make a significant difference in refugee families and their assimilation to life in America. These opportunities also bring transformation to Bible Study groups, Sunday School classes and entire church congregations.
Exodus mobilizes the Christian community to welcome refugees. It educates churches about refugee ministry, connects volunteers with newly arriving refugees through practical service projects, and equips leaders to speak up on behalf of refugees. They are based in Chicago, IL.
Specialty Courses provide highly effective tools designed to:
• Help in your transition towards becoming a multi-ethnic church
• Mobilize your church or ministry to reach new people groups emerging
within your neighborhood
• Plant and equip missional teams or communities for cross cultural outreach
A coalition of ministries and individuals who wish to befriend and minister to “the nations among us”
A global, evangelical organization that brings people together to help the oppressed. They help churches embrace refugees along the Refugee Highway through ministries of presence, compassion, empowerment and training. They are serving refugees in Africa, Central Asia/Middle East, Australia/New Zealand, Europe and North America.
A ministry aimed at equipping Christians to build and lead cross-cultural ministries. They also offer an awesome 6-lesson orientation (on DVD) for why and how to reach the nations among us. (Go to the website, click on “The Vision” and watch the promo clip!)
(this resource list is a labor of love and a constant work in progress. If you would like to add to it, send us an email and we’ll check out your suggestions! :D email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Voluntary Resettlement Agencies (VOLAGs)
1. Church World Service (CWS) www.churchworldservice.org
2. Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC) www.ecdcinternational.org
3. Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM) www.ecusa.anglican.org/emm.
4. Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) www.hias.org
5. International Rescue Committee (IRC) www.theirc.org
6. US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) www.refugees.org
7. Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services (LIRS) www.lirs.org
8. United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) www.usccb.org
9. World Relief Corporation (WR) www.wr.org
10. State of Iowa, Bureau of Refugee Services www.dhs.state.ia.us/refugee/